This is an exciting position within a fast growing Medical Devices start-up. The role supports a newly acquired commercial group and is expected to establish efficient and effective methods to develop an aggressive growth model in Europe with an established suture product line. The focus encourages leveraging the US success while transferring knowledge in Europe to offer this additional product line to surgeons.
Demonstrate products both on-site at customer locations or via internet/phone to customers.
Create, modify and update local training activity and make recommendations on improving customer training. This includes workshops, courses, etc demonstrating to our customers how to perform wound closure with the products.
Provide training on-site to the nursing/surgical staff at their locations.
Lead in-services on the best practices utilising the products. In-service is teaching our customers the proper techniques using the products including learning the different codes
Cross train internal institution trainers (i.e. head nurses or lead techs) and support staff.
Provide input to product management related to product functionality, enhancements and improvements for future releases.
Stay abreast of current practices, procedures and technology within the wound closure market and provide feedback to marketing and product management.
Assist in qualifying any overflow of sales leads generated by marketing campaigns.
Support key speaking engagement at various conferences as directed by Marketing and/or Sales.
Skill Set Required
Excellent time management and organizational ability
Ability to multitask and meet constant deadlines
Hands-on approach and creative thinker
Demonstrates successfully working in extremely fast-paced environment
Working knowledge of Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), as well as networks and internet applications
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting or a related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of Sales experience in medical field. Sutures and/or wound closure device experience required.
- Strong business and financial acumen combined with excellent analytical skills
- Medical Device industry experience a plus
- Experience in the OR with training surgeons and in outpatient surgical settings (non-hospital centers)- minimum 5 years
- Minimum 50% travel domestically - will vary based on where person is located and customer needs