A international company in the life science sector, with offices in Switzerland are looking for a Senior Accountant to join a small team, and report directly to their head finance that was recently appointed.
The person will be performing regular accounting related to month and quarter-end close, preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules.
*Perform general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements
*Prepare, record, analyse and report accounting transactions and ensure integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles
*Conduct or assist in the documentation of accounting projects
*Validate and prepare vendor purchase orders in adherence with Company authorization limits
*Verify vendor invoices for goods and services on a timely basis, and respond to vendor queries
*Maintain, analyse and reconcile accounts payable ledger accounts, financial statements, and reports
Account Receivable and Collections
*Maintain and reconcile accounts receivable ledger accounts, financial statements, and reports
*Produce reports of accounts that are in arrears and analyses of bad debt
*Collect terms of payment on overdue account with corporate and individual clients
Cost Accounting and Inventory
*Prepare, record, analyse, and report on the cost of producing the Company's products
*Prepare, record, analyse, and report on the Company's inventory including analysis of obsolescence
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
*8-10 years experience with experience on General Accounting, Cost Accounting & Inventory, Tax
*Knowledge of auditing practices and principles
* Bachelor's or higher degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience
* Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
* Experience with Concur, SAP, Hyperion and Microsoft PowerPoint preferred
* Experience with multi-currency preferred
* Demonstrated ability to deliver quality results within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Highly motivated, innovative and driven, with a "can do" mindset
* Accurate with an attention to detail
* Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
* Able to respond to short deadlines
* Personal and professional integrity are essential
* Goal-oriented, with ability to plan for the long-term and execute
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to liaise cross-functionally and build consensus
* Resourcefulness; ability to make things happen within a small-business environment
* Ability to see the big picture while executing on tactics
NonStop Consulting AG is the leading and largest pharmaceutical recruitment specialist in Europe with expert consultants providing contingency, search and selection, contractors or labour leasing services, and managed vendor services.
Swiss-headquartered with fully licenced and staffed offices across Europe, we are renowned for professionalism, unrivaled industry knowledge and extensive candidate networks.
The service our multinational, multilingual teams provide is underpinned by an in-house Quality Assurance team, something unique in our industry.